Veterinary Medicines Directorate
D & H Direct have a dedicated team of suitably qualified persons who are able to offer specialist help, advice, and worming plans for Farm Animals including Poultry, Equine Animals, & Companion animals.
The above people are licensed through AMTRA. You can check the details on http://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/registers/sqpregister.aspx
An SQP is entitled to prescribe and/or supply the categories of product that fall within the scope of the qualification they have obtained and the registration they hold The range of veterinary medicines available to SQPs fall within the follow distribution classifications:
- POM-VPS (Prescription Only Medicine - Veterinarian, Pharmacist, SQP)
- NFA-VPS (Non-Food Animal - Veterinarian, Pharmacist, SQP)
- AVM-GSL (Authorised Veterinary Medicine - General Sales List)
If you require advice regarding and of the products which fall within one of the above categories, we can be contacted Monday – Friday, 7:30 – 17:00 on 01553 819590 or email email@example.com
The premises which we supply from are approved by the VMD and periodically checked to ensure compliance. The Registered Address is D & H Direct, Deerfields, Lynn Road, Setchey, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE33 0BD. Our Approval No is: 2028421. Details of registered premises are available from: https://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/registers/approved-premises.aspx
If at any time you suspect an adverse reaction or side effect to you or the animal following from the administration of a veterinary medicine, it can be reported by clicking the link below. Any queries you may have regarding the efficacy can also be reporting using the online site below: http://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/adversereactionreporting/
All Veterinary medicine product information can be seen on the below link. This will include a summary of product characteristics and Data sheets. http://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/ProductInformationDatabase/
Following the receipt of an order, all products are checked by an SQP to ensure they will be suitable for the animal. If for any reason we require any further information, we will contact you by phone or email.
Once the information has been gathered then an SQP will release your order. If for any reason you are unhappy with the service or product which you receive, you may contact the Senior SQP responsible for the Internet Retail Business: Daniel Fentiman via email: Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org If you are unhappy with the response from which you receive, then you are able to visit the VMD complaints procedure below (Please note that the VMD will only consider complaints about veterinary medicines supplied, not about service, delivery, cost or non-medicinal products)
Prescription misuse: It is an offence to:
- Alter a prescription issued by a vet, pharmacist or SQP e.g. • change the date the prescription was signed • change the quantity of the product • include additional medicines
- Fraudulently produce a prescription e.g. • forge a prescription • forge the signature of a vet, pharmacist or SQP • send the same prescription to multiple retailers. Our RQP carefully checks all prescriptions and will report suspected prescription misuse to the VMD or the police.