D&H Group trading as D&H Direct (“us”, “we” and “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of those who use and order products from us whether on our website www.dandhdirect.com or via our catalogue.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), D&H Group trading as D&H Direct, a partnership with its principal place of business at Deerfields, Lynn Road, Setchey, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE33 0BD, United Kingdom, is the data controller.
The term “data” shall include “personal data” (as defined in the Act) and any other relevant data or information.
What data do you collect from me?
When you use our website or place an order with us, we may collect data in the following ways:
1. Data you submit to us.
may provide us with data about yourself from time to time, such as when purchasing an item, providing account user details upon registration or by communicating with us (for example to place an order, to request information about, or report a problem with, our website or our products). This data may include your name, address, e-mail, phone number and payment details.
2. Technical data we collect from you
Technical data, about your device and your visit, which is generated when you use our website will be collected by us. This may include:
- a. Device data: we may collect data on the type of device or platform (such as a computer or mobile device) used by you to access our website. This can include data about the device itself, its operating system, the web-browser type and version you use and your browser language and plug-ins. Additional data may be collected when you access our website from a mobile device, for example data relating to your mobile network, device and telephone number.
- b. Location data: your use of our website may generate geographical data, such as the location or time zone of a device or IP address, which we may collect.
- c. Log data about your visit: use of our website automatically generates data about your unique visit which we may collect. This can include uniform resource locators (URLs), data about your internet service provider, the number and timing of clicks to and from our website content; which products you view; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- d. Data about your interactions: our website may provide you with the opportunity to interact with website content in certain ways, such as by sharing on social media. These interactions create data, for example, the contents of a post or comment, or whether a story was shared using a particular social media network.
How and why do you use my data?
We shall respect and protect the privacy of your data, and it will only be used as necessary for the purposes set out below.
1. Data you submit to us
We may use this data in order to:
- a) take and fulfil customer orders for products;
- b) process payment for your products;
- c) obtain credit authorisation from your card issuer;
- d) contact you with any queries about your order;
- e) optimise your experience when using our website and allow you to use its interactive features (for example, the ‘Remember Me’ option);
- f) contact you with relevant information about us, our website and our products. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you can unsubscribe at any time;
- g) to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- h) to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to contact you, or for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, then you may do so at any time, by contacting our Privacy Compliance Officer by email at email@example.com or by post at D&H Direct, Deerfields, Lynn Road, Setchey, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE33 0BD, United Kingdom;
- i) to notify you about changes to our service;
- j) to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- m) delete or anonymise your data, and/or combine your data with other data we have collected.
2. Technical data we collect
We may use this data to:
- a) administer our website and for our own troubleshooting, analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- b) improve and optimise our website and the way content is presented;
- c) keep our website safe and secure;
- d) allow you to use interactive features of our website;
- e) measure the effectiveness of advertising, and deliver relevant advertising which matches user interests and preferences;
- f) make suggestions about goods and services provided by us or third parties which may be of interest to you; and
- g) delete or anonymise your data, and/or combine your data with other data we have collected.
3. Data we receive from third parties
Data obtained from third parties may be used for the same purposes as data you provide us or data we collect, and may also be deleted or anonymised and/or combined with other data we have collected.
Will you disclose my data to third parties?
We may share data we collect with any related company in our corporate group and with selected third parties including:
- our business partners, suppliers, agents and sub-contractors in order to provide our services (for example where we enter into agreements with third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf);
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our website and the services we provide.
We may disclose data we collect to third parties:
- if we undergo a change of control or any of its business or assets are sold or transferred (in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer);
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case data held by us about our website users will be one of the transferred assets; or
- How and where do you store my data?
All data that you provide is stored on our secure servers or those of our suppliers. The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We may use the storage facilities of third party suppliers for the purpose of storing your information and these facilities may also be located outside the EEA. Your information may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers for the purposes set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy. By submitting your data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of data.
How do you ensure my data is secure?
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data (and endeavour to only work with third parties who provide equivalent protections) in accordance with industry best practices. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption, and we follow all PCI-DSS requirements. However, please note that whilst we do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites and any transmission is at your own risk.
What about hyperlinks and links to other websites?
Our website may provide links to and from the websites of our affiliates, business partners and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites’ privacy policies or for the way in which third party websites collect or process data. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites. You understand, acknowledge and agree that all access to and use of any such third party website by you shall be at your own risk.
How can I find out about your use of my data?
You have the right to access personal data held by us and, if that personal data is inaccurate, you have the right to have it amended. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For further information on how to access your personal data please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at D&H Direct, Deerfields, Lynn Road, Setchey, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE33 0BD, United Kingdom.
How can I contact you?
You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team on 01553 819590 or by writing to us by email at email@example.com or by post at D&H Direct, Customer Services, Deerfields, Lynn Road, Setchey, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE33 0BD United Kingdom.
Thank you for your continued support.
- Last updated 15.4.2016
What are cookies?
A cookie is a computer file consisting of letters and numbers which is installed on your device when you visit a website and which allows our website to recognise a user and retain that user’s preferences when they return. Cookies do not collect data, instead they serve to act as unique identifiers, or information caches, which can be used to identify a user’s preferences, settings or previous activity and which in turn enable website operators to provide an optimised, improved and more individualised browsing experience.
Cookies distinguish you from other users of our website. For example, we use them to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart once you have selected an item, to store delivery addresses if the address book is used, and to store your details if you select the 'Remember Me' option . This allows us to optimise your individual browsing experience and improve our service to you.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How do I disable cookies?
Whilst we advise that you allow the installation of cookies on your browser or device when using our website, you are not obliged to do so and you can choose to reject cookies by adjusting the settings for your browser or device. You can also delete those which already exist using the settings on your browser and/or device (however, this may interfere with your use of our website and adversely affect your browsing experience).
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after:
- 2 years for _ga cookies which are used to distinguish users; and
- 10 minutes for _gat cookies which are used to throttle request rates.
How can I contact you?
You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team on 01553 819590 or by writing to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at D&H Direct, Customer Services, Deerfields, Lynn Road, Setchey, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE33 0BD United Kingdom. Thank you for visiting our website.